Relaxation The first key of voice acting

Relaxation The first key of voice acting

Jack Nicholson said 85% of acting is you. The other 15% is relaxation.

Mr. Nicholson knows a thing or two about acting, wouldn’t you say?

Yet most voice actors-beginners and working pros, ignore Jack’s advice. They just walk into the voice both fresh off the street and don’t take the time to get relaxed and centered before turning on the mic.

Maybe they think they don’t need to relax or maybe they’re just plain lazy, but their work suffers as a result.

This week on my Inside Voice Over Video Training Blog I start a 3-part series on the 3 tenets of voice acting: relaxation, concentration and imagination.

Watch today’s short video and discover why being able to relax matters so much to your voice over performance and get some quick, easy, relaxation tips from the pros.

It’s one of the key things we teach you how to do at our Voice Over Bootcamp Recording Studio Immersion Experience and in our Voice Over Training Institute.

Don’t worry if you’re a bundle of nerves. I promise this works for everyone.

Watch It Here Now

After you watch the video, I want to know your thoughts. Was this helpful? Is relaxation in voice over a challenge for you?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments box. I want to read about what’s on your mind so I can support you.

To your voice over success,

Susan Berkley,
Founder, The Great Voice Company

5 Responses to Relaxation The first key of voice acting

  1. Hi Susan,
    Great tips! I love the e way you pack so much information into on short clip. I usually listen to your clips more than once to get all those little tid bits you give us.
    Thank you so much.

    • Thanks Valeri- I’m glad you get so much value out of this training blog. Warm regards, Susan

  2. I have a voice booth in the works and working on the equipment . I have done radio, tv and stand up comidy and would like to see where this will take me. I am a voice impersonator with a need to be directed on a clear path. I would very much like to have more info on your program.

  3. Hi Chris= Sounds like you are a very talented guy! the folks in morning radio should be very interested in your voice impersonations. This might also be useful for audio books. Not too much need in voice over but those morning radio people love it for bits. Give us a call at 800-333-8108 or email talent@greatvoice.com. and we will be happy to give you more information about our programs- Susan

  4. Another boffo video.

    You mentioned negative self-talk; do you practice the opposite, and think or speak positive affirmations when preparing?

The Great Voice Company

Professional voice over training and voice coaching via online training courses, workshops and seminars for voice over talents and voice actors.

Follow Us

Follow our activity on the web and get to know us.

Contact Us

The Great Voice Company

110 Charlotte Place
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
07632
800-333-8108
info@greatvoice.com