Does your photo belong on your voice over website? Here’s my opinion to help you decide for yourself.
- Producers cast “types”.Most of us don’t look anything like we sound. If you don’t look like your voice type, buyers might not even bother listening to your demo if they see a picture first.
- You might be more audio-genic than you are photogenic.In voice over , a few wrinkles or a few extra pounds don’t matter. What a blessing to escape the worry about physical appearance many of our on-camera colleagues go through.
- In the theatre of the mind the possibilities are endlessBehind the mic, we can instantly change the way we ‘look’ without makeup or wardrobe. Why limit yourself with a photo?
- You Can sound younger than you lookFortunately, if properly cared for, your voice print will remain the same for many years to come and if anything, it will mellow and sound better with age. Your vocal age range will be broader than you can get away with on camera.
- It puts the focus on you and not your customerHaving a large “celebrity type” airbrushed photo at the top of your website is a waste of valuable marketing real estate. Much better to craft a benefit-laden headline that speaks to the customer.
Need help with your voice over performance and marketing skills?
We still may still have a few seats left in our next Voice Over Bootcamp Recording Studio Immersion Experience June 21-23, at beautiful Avatar Studios in New York City. Interested? Contact us at 201-541-8595 x229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine?
You may absolutely share this article with people you think may enjoy it. When doing so, please forward it in its entirety and include the following:
Susan Berkley is a top voice over artist and founder of The Great Voice Company, a company devoted to teaching great voices around the world how to become successful voice over actors. The Great Voice Company is an international leader in voice over training and in providing top quality voice over recordings in all languages to discerning businesses and marketers. For additional information visit www.greatvoice.com
Copyright 2013, The Great Voice Company. All Rights Reserved. Should You Put Your Photo on Your Voice Over Website?